Most updated COVID information from local and state governments:
HHS COVID public education campaign
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Marketplace Special Enrollment Period for COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
CDC COVID resources
USDA Free Meals for Children
St. Camillus Food Pantry, Camillus Catholic Church, 1600 St. Camillus Drive, Silver Spring MD 20903 (Friday 3-5 pm, and Saturday 10-noon)
Masroor Mosque Food Pantry, Chantilly, VA
Guru Gobind Singh Foundation, 13814 Travilah Rd, Rockville, MD 20850, provides freshly cooked meal boxes each Sunday from 10 am-2pm; contact-less home delivery also available; 202-525-7877; ggsfusa.org
Greater Mount Calvary Holy Church, 610 Rhode Island Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, grocery giveaway every Tuesday at 12pm
- A new joint project involving the Berkley Center, Joint Learning Initiative, and World Faiths Development Dialogue (WFDD) is collecting and communicating information related to religious action responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project will link actors and observers focused on religious response and a broader policy community, and also center attention on the most vulnerable communities (such as refugees).
- Interfaith Youth Core launched an interfaith hub called the Interfaith Resource Collective – offering interfaith learning resources, opportunities for connection, and stories of interfaith inspiration and solidarity.
- World Hope International has designed a turnkey, web-based Get-Support tool, powered by Disaster Tech, that is specifically geared to the COVID-19 situation to help those struggling during the pandemic. The goal is to enhance the capacity of faith and other community organizations to respond quickly and safely to needs in their community. Organizations can register on the platform, and individual users can submit or respond to requests for assistance from others in their community. The Get-Support platform is free for non-profits and lightens the workload of community and faith leaders by automating the volunteering process and encouraging community members to reach out and help one another through a trusted platform.
- The Community Tool Box has created a Coronavirus Response Tool Box as a curated list of helpful resources and inspiring community stories and examples. including this video highlighting beautiful examples of connection all around the world.
- Christian Journal for Global Health has special issues focused on the Christian response to the global COVID-19 pandemic and other epidemics. Innovations, contextualizations, challenges, inspirations and consolations are presented with opportunity for service, for sacrifice, for understanding, and for healing.
- Christians and the Vaccine: A Pastor’s Toolkit
Spiritual Readings and Prayers
This is a page in progress. If you have resources to add, please fill out this form. If you have online worship opportunities to share, please click here.
Other Critical Resources
A guide about guarding mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic (for-profit organization, not vetted by IFC)
A COVID-19 addiction relapse guide (for-profit organization, not vetted by IFC)
Food Assistance Resources; Montgomery County, MD
Community Family Life Services Online Portal, Washington DC
Iona COVID-19 Resource Library, Washington DC