- This event has passed.
Black Lives Matter Sabbath Weekend
July 10 - July 12
This weekend, July 10 – 12th is Black Lives Matter Sabbath Weekend. The LIVE FREE Campaign is asking everyone to consider taking the following actions:
- Wear ALL BLACK clothes, #BlackLivesMatter and/or #ICantBreathe t-shirts in solidarity
- Bring a picture of a loved one lost to violence of any kind to lift up their memory
- Visit www.bringtheheat.info and make a pledge to participate in a Bring The H.E.A.T. virtual town hall or Black Lives Matter action this summer
- Commit to doing a follow up call or email to an elected official this week.
- Use #BringTheHeat hashtag when posting and include LIVE FREE handles for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Clergy: Perform a special prayer during your service to call for justice, transformation of a police state to a public safety system that honors black lives, and post a clip of your sermon using the hashtag #BringTheHEAT
Every 28 hours, according to the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement report, an unarmed black person in America is killed by a police officer. We are battling a corrupted system that has criminalized Black people’s existence. Every day we are struggling just to keep the people we love alive and safe. Today, it is clear that as believers and faith leaders in our community, we must speak and act with urgency, conviction, power and love.
If you would like one of your events or programs considered for inclusion, please contact us here. Items sent at least 2 weeks in advance have a greater likelihood of inclusion. The listing of events is entirely up to the discretion of the IFC. We do not take responsibility for the quality or content of events listed that are not sponsored by us. Furthermore, IFC does not necessarily endorse events listed on the calendar.