Forty years ago – in 1978 – IFC was born of the conviction that diversity only strengthens the unity of our communities.
This 40th anniversary year, we are renewing our efforts to build an inclusive interfaith community so that one day people of all religions will feel welcomed, respected, and appreciated for their common values and for their diverse beliefs and practices.
The IFC has no intention to rest on our laurels as we begin our second 40 years. Religious intolerance, as evidenced in public statements, social media, desecration of religious sites, and even violence, have reached levels that were inconceivable only a few years ago. No organization in the Nation’s Capital is better equipped to respond effectively. IFC plans to expand our impact by:
- Relocating the IFC headquarters to a more central and accessible location in downtown DC, where we can be the hub for a variety of intergroup coalitions and programs.
- Organizing local grassroots neighborhood interfaith coalitions throughout our entire region to respond to acts of bigotry, stand in solidarity with neighbors of different faiths, and model cooperation in providing direct service to the most vulnerable in our area.
- Enlisting scores of “solidarity congregations” and thousands of “solidarity neighbors” to join the IFC’s 11 historic faith communities in our vital interfaith efforts.
- Expanding our signature programs of dialogues, direct service, and unity walks to underscore in a very tangible way that the DC area is a “no prejudice” zone.
- Providing workshops and classes to business and opinion leaders, as well as younger members of our DC community, at downtown locations to increase interfaith literacy and enhance cohesiveness and mutual respect.
We invite you to invest in dialogue over division, in faith over fear.
Please consider supporting IFC’s work so we continue building an inclusive interfaith community over the next 40 years.
Suggested giving levels to support our impact:
- $40 ($3.33 per month)
- $480 ($40 per month)
- $4,000 to underwrite a program for five years ($100 per month for 40 months)
- $10,000 or more to underwrite three programs for five years
IFC has opportunities to recognize donors for their generosity. Please contact Rabbi Gerry Serotta at (202) 234-6300 x 2 or [email protected] for more information, including details about dedicating named office areas and other naming opportunities.
If you would like to dedicate your gift to a single program, please indicate the program on the drop down list on the donation page, and/or in the comments line.