- This event has passed.
FBI & DHS Security and Safety Symposium: Strengthening Relationships Between Law Enforcement and Communities of Faith
October 27, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
As we strive to meet the challenges of operating amidst the pandemic crisis, we continue to confront evolving security threats and challenges that face communities of faith. The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security and InfraGard National Capital Region Chapter are hosting a free webinar that will bring together faith-based and community leaders, security professionals and law enforcement to share information, best practices and risk mitigation strategies in support of protecting houses of worship.
The speakers include:
- Stephanie Yanta, Supervisory Special Agent, FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU)
- Kathleen Kooiman, Chief Chaplain Orange County Sheriff’s Department and Faith Liaison Officer/Orange County Intelligence Assessment Center (OCIAC)
- Todd Richins, Director of Field Operations, Church Security Department, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Michael Masters, National Director & CEO, Secure Community Network (SCN)
- Jeanne Benincasa Thorpe, The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Executive Office of Public Safety, Undersecretary of Homeland Security
- Keri Kei Shibata, Police Chief, University of Notre Dame Police Department
Representatives from the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be on hand to discuss resources and best practices for houses of worship. See full event agenda.
Please join us on Tuesday, October 27 from 1-3:15 PM, EDT. To register, click on the following link: https://register.gotowebinar.
Due to high demand for this webinar, you must register in advance to attend. Immediately after registering, you will receive connection details from GoToWebinar/[email protected]
We look forward to seeing you online!
~FBI, DHS, and InfraGardNCR
If you would like one of your events or programs considered for inclusion, please contact us here. Items sent at least 2 weeks in advance have a greater likelihood of inclusion. The listing of events is entirely up to the discretion of the IFC. We do not take responsibility for the quality or content of events listed that are not sponsored by us. Furthermore, IFC does not necessarily endorse events listed on the calendar.