- Through our collaboration with Interfaith Power & Light, IFC promotes stewardship for the Earth and helps diverse religious communities find their own religious response to climate change by providing opportunities for education and action.
- Serves more than 300,000 people in need of critical services throughout metropolitan Washington with IFC’s up-to-date online Emergency Resources Directory, a searchable database of approximately 400 direct social service providers.
- Addresses public policy issues, especially religious freedom, with a unified, moral voice that reflects IFC’s members’ diverse religious perspectives. Responds to hate crimes and other acts that tear at the fabric of our community.
- Organizes the annual InterFaith Concert. Each fall, this “Celebration of the Sacred in Song, Dance and Chant” features singers, musicians, and dancers as well as other luminaries from half a dozen traditions.
- Sponsors the annual InterFaith Bridge Builders’ Awards, which celebrates the achievements of leaders in the DC region who have committed themselves tirelessly to building a more pluralistic society.
- Convenes the annual DC Interfaith Leadership Summit, a day of focused dialogue among young DC area leaders from a variety of faith traditions.
- Supports the Interfaith Dinner Dialogue Program in neighborhoods throughout the region.